Weren't meant to be! - By Lipika Choudhary

Half way to ruins, then you took a step back.
What’s right, what’s wrong.We don’t even know anymore.
That was all we ever talked about,that desire burning like a fire in us.
And that was the only time you were yourself,not someone else I didn’t know.

We barely had time for each other,
we only had time for another.
And when we had our time,Heaven decided to draw the cruel line.

You said “If I was ever a good friend, this would have never happened.”
But I allowed it, I allowed this to happen to us.
I allowed myself to be screwed up,I don’t even know why.

Being strong would mean losing you,
being right would mean a life without you.
You’re toxic I know,you’re poison; cold as ice.
Take my life by the chest and by the mind.
You’re toxic but I’m stubborn as

I said, “Take me or lose me, and you’re gonna chose to lose me just to save me.”And you did what I predicted, you did as you wanted.
“Let nature take its course.”Nature will never come to us, it’ll come between usbecause we weren’t meant to be.

#Readerspost #ReadersSpecial #poem

Comments

Popular Posts