#SunshineInterviews - Mr. RAGHU NANDAN (3rd Blog Anniversary Special)






On this very special occasion of our Blog's 3rd Anniversary,
Blog Miss Sunshine presents to you the 'Second Edition' of #SunshineInterviews with the author of a soon-to-be published book 'The Great Indian Treasure' - Mr. RAGHU NANDAN


Hello RAGHU NANDAN! Please tell us about yourself.
I am a scientist and I constantly do experiments in a laboratory called Life, by following my inspirations. My experiments till now were as an employee in IT companies, as an entrepreneur, as a speaker, and currently as an author. I will be also donning the role of a treasure hunter, hunting The Great Indian Treasures all across the world, which not only has the capacity to transform India as a powerful nation but also can make this world a better place.
Hearty Congratulations on the upcoming release of your book 'The Great Indian Treasure'! The title sounds interesting. What would this book be about?
The book is about a treasure hunt by a group of students who were accidentally thrown into adventure of treasure hunting by the fate. The treasure had been hidden by the Emperor Ashoka, who wanted the treasure to be realized when India would be in dire need. The book is a fictional adventurous thriller. I believe the time has come for the treasure to be realized and harnessed properly for betterment of the country and the world. The trail takes them to many historically significant places like Nalanda, Sanchi, Sarnath, Vaishali, Dhauli, Bodhgaya, etc.
Below is the brief plot..
Long, long ago, Ashoka, the great emperor of Indian Subcontinent had hidden a massive treasure, that he intended to get utilized when his beloved land, Bharatavarsha(Indian Subcontinent) would be in dire need. He left behind many clues to realize that great treasure. A group of students who were determined to shape India as a developed country by utilizing the treasure, set out for a life changing adventure to unearth and guard it against the evil forces that are eager to get hold of it for their vested interests. They realize that ‘The Great Indian Treasure’ not only can transform India as a country of their dreams but also has the capacity to make the world a better place. What is the Great Indian Treasure? Do these youngsters really have the capacity to realize the treasure and transform India as a developed country?
What made you decide to write a book? Were you always fascinated about writing?
As I said, I go by my inspirations. The trip to Kumbh Mela in Prayag in 2013 changed my life. I returned from that trip with an inspiration to write a book. That book is ‘The Great Indian Treasure’. The inspiration was so strong that even though I didn’t have any experience of writing, it drove me to write the book.


How will you describe the journey from writing the book to getting it published?
I believe strongly that the greatest legacy that anyone can leave behind is thoughts and the best way to do that is by writing a book. This thought is the driving force for me as an author.
To be candid, it’s been a roller coaster ride. When I started, I didn’t have the basics of grammar. All I had was the strong inspiration to write a book and a deep conviction that my book would have positive impact around the world. I don’t say that I have mastered grammar now. English is a tricky language. Many people have helped me in this endeavour. You will certainly see more books from me in future. It is even tough to get a publisher. I was rejected by many publishers. When I got a publisher, the publisher wasn’t sticking to the word of book releasing which they had committed to. It happened multiple times, so I severed my ties with them and decided that I should do it on my own. It was a painful decision but I’m happy now that I have taken it. I teamed up with one of my friends, Hanu B Krishna to do so. I hope people will realize this treasure.
What will be your advice to the aspiring writers?
Writing is a very powerful tool. You have the power to emanate impactful thoughts and inspire people. But I believe it is a double edged sword; it has the power to make or break people’s lives. So, your discretion in choosing a constructive topic has the power to create a positive change in the world. 
You are also actively engaged in Social Service and Philanthropy. Tell us about it.
I just follow my inspirations and I do it for my happiness. My purposes are Emanation of thoughts and Helping students. All my works are in these two areas only. I’m emanating thoughts by writing books and for helping students, I’m currently creating a community based educational module. I strongly believe that this module will create huge impact as this mainly focuses on thought elevation. I also take sessions in schools and colleges in different areas.


What is your driving force to be this multi faceted personality?
Simple, follow your inspirations. Inspirations will give you the opportunity to do different things.


What are your hobbies and other interests?
Reading, writing. I also enjoy thought exchanges with people. I like playing sports especially Tennis, Table Tennis and Badminton.
What is your One Big Grand Dream for India?
My dream is to see a creative and thinking India. It is really a loss to the nation and the world, if one doesn’t express their creativity. I strongly believe that the greatest problem in the society is that we are unable to create a synergy for utilizing creative juices of people to solve the pressing problems of the world. If we can harness the creative capacity of 1.2 Billion population, we not only can make our country developed, but also can solve the problems of the world.


I generally write about Positivity & Happiness in this blog. So how important are positivity and happiness to you?
Only positivity and optimism can build a society and I wish you very good luck and more power to your labour of love.
What is your idea of Happiness?
Expressing what one is made to do so.


Which is the one quote you live by?
A worthy thought is not something to rot in the mind's parking lot. It's an opportunity to unleash your potential to make yourself great.
What will be that ultimate life advice you want to give to our readers?
Everyone is born creative. Creativity is the birthright of everyone. I request the readers to express their creativity in solving the pressing problems, which would not only give them satisfaction and fulfillment but also they will have a chance to walk in the path of greatness.


What are your thoughts and suggestions about Blog Miss Sunshine?
In the society which is mired with so much negativity, Blog Miss Sunshine is like a breath of fresh air. Only positivity and optimism can build a society and I wish you very good luck and more power to your labour of love.
Today is our Blog Miss Sunshine's 3rd Anniversary. As one writer to another, what advice would you want to give me?
First of all let me congratulate you for successfully running the blog for three years, it’s not easy to do so. Please don’t forget the core principles on what you have started writing your blog. My other suggestion is that you can also have a Video blog.
What do you want tell our readers about your upcoming book 'The Great Indian Treasure'?
Find the treasure and change your future.






Raghu, it's been a great pleasure interviewing you and getting inspired in that process. I wish you the best in all your future endeavours. I'm sure your book will be a great success and a treasure trove of knowledge & wisdom for everyone. I was amazed that you quickly said yes, not only when I asked you for Hair Donation, but also for this interview! You are an incredible person and I'm so glad to call you my friend.

Good Luck buddy!

Comments

Popular Posts